Hope you all had a lovely weekend. Today’s Maroc Series post is on my holiday essentials, 5 things I always have by my side when I’m by the pool/beach.
- Sunglasses– although it’s a given, without my sunglasses I really struggle as I’m constantly squinty which normally cause headaches for me. I opted for a pair of Ray-Ban Wayfarers I picked up at The Sunglasses Hut. I’ve seen a lot of hype around Quay Australia who offer some seriously mirrored frames in a variety of shapes, I might pick up a pair before my next trip abroad
- Sliders– Flipflops can be left at home readers. Sliders are so much more comfy and convenient. I love my Adidas sliders, they’re so easy to wear, comfortable and don’t make that uncanny ‘flip-flop’ noise when walking. They can go with pretty much anything, if you’re looking for a more versatile pair for morning-evening you can always opt for a pair of Rihanna’s Fenty Sliders by Puma or Givenchy, who offer a chic take on the staple.
- A good read– Now I’m not much of a reader but if you can’t sit in the sun for longer than 10 minutes without fidgeting, I highly recommend finding yourself a good book to read. Confessions of a Shopaholic is a book series I absolutely love (and makes me realise just how much of a shopping addict I am!!), it’s easy to read and literally you just want to keep turning the page and find out what happens next. If you like shopping and not much of a bookworm, it’s the book for you; failing that try 50 Shades of Grey ;).
- Tunesss– I’m a big music fan, whether it’s in the car, at the gym, from my laptop, I’m normally listening to something. There’s nothing like sipping on a cocktail, in 30degrees, kicking back on a sunbed, and singing along to your favourite playlists. I used Spotify through my iPhone whilst I was away, but any source of music I thoroughly encourage.
- My iPad– Similar to having my tunes on, I love watching films/programmes by the pool, it really passes the time and you don’t even feel like you’re tanning. Before going abroad definitely download BBC iPlayer, you can download all your favourite programmes so you can watch them offline. Perfect for the plane or sunbathing. Another app I’d consider getting is TalkTalk TV Store (Previously known as Blinkbox), this app offers fairly recent films which you can rent/buy and then download to your iPad to watch offline too. Most importantly both apps are free to download from the App Store and probably on Android devices too.
Let me know how you guys like to pass the time by the pool J
Oh and don’t forget your suncream too…!
Next on The Maroc Series: Marrakech or Agadir?